Chocolates are known to be stress-busters, relaxants and aphrodisiacs, as they increase serotonin and endorphin levels in the brain. Dark chocolates, in fact, are known to have various health benefits, thanks to the presence of about 70 percent cocoa that comes packed with nutritious antioxidants.
You don’t really need reasons to love chocolate or an occasion to indulge in some chocolate. Here’s a simple recipe for you to enjoy.
• A jar to hold this chocolatey deliciousness (the bigger the better!)
• A bar of your favourite dark/milk chocolate
• Fresh cream
• Digestive biscuits
1. First, we’ll make the chocolate ganache that we will use between the cake layers. Melt your favourite bar of chocolate over a double boiler or in short 10 second bursts in the microwave. If you’re using a microwave, stir the chocolate every 10 seconds as it melts and do not burn.
2. Mix the melted chocolate with fresh cream and combine until smooth and velvety.
3. Place the digestive biscuits in a ziplock bag and crush the biscuits into a fine powder using a rolling pin .
4. Mix the biscuit powder with some melted butter in a bowl until the mixture holds its shape when you press down with a spoon
4. Start building the dessert. Add some biscuit mixture to the bottom of the jar, followed by a generous amount of the ganache. It’s entirely up to you how much biscuit or ganache you want to add. Some like it biscuit-y, while others like it chocolat-ey!
5. Top the dessert with some granola
6. Try to make it out of the kitchen with your dessert before you devour it!