Peaches are thought to have originated in China more than 8,000 years ago. They’re related to plums, apricots, cherries, and almonds and are considered drupes or stone fruit. They can be eaten on their own or added to a variety of dishes. What’s more, peaches are nutritious and may offer an array of health benefits, including improved digestion, smoother skin, and allergy relief.
Granola is calorie-dense, as well as rich in protein, fiber, and micronutrients. In particular, it may provide iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, selenium, B vitamins, and vitamin E.
Yogurt is very nutritious, and eating it regularly may boost several aspects of your health such as reducing the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis, as well as help in weight management.
What do you think happens if you combine these three delicious healthy foods together? Well, you’re about to find out!
• Fresh peaches
• Yogurt. You can use plain, Greek of fruit yogurt. I used a peach and apricot yogurt in this recipe.
• A jar
- Wash, peel and cut your peaches into slices or small pieces.
- Add a layer of granola to the bottom of your jar.
- Add a layer of yogurt, followed by a layer of peaches.
- Add more granola and continue layering the yogurt, peaches and granola in your jar.
- Top off your jar with some fresh peaches and granola.
Wasn’t that simple? This recipe also makes for a great bereakfast!
Try this recipe and let me know what you think in the comments.