Oreos are a nostalgic staple of many childhoods. The “twist or dunk” debate has been around for decades, with one side claiming that the chocolate sandwich cookie is best separated into two halves and eaten as such and the other side claiming that the treats are meant to be enjoyed by dunking them straight into a glass of milk. Whatever team you are a part of, it is safe to say that most find the cookie delicious.
Oreos have become an icon of 20th-century culture. From Oreo-based dessert recipes spreading on the internet to festival favorites featuring the beloved cookie, it is clear that the world has a soft spot for this famous snack. So it only seems fitting to try out a dessert jar version of the Oreo cookie!
• A jar for your dessert
• Vanilla cupcakes. You can bake your own cupcakes using this yummy recipe. Or you can use store bought cupcakes. Or if you’ve just baked a delicious vanilla cake and have got left over cake trimmings, that will do the trick too!
• Cream cheese frosting. You can use store bought frosting or if you’ve got 5 minutes, you make your own delicious frosting
• A pack of Oreos
- Split your Oreos and separate the cream centre from the biscuit.
- Using a fork, mash the cream centres and fold it in with the cream cheese frosting.
- Place the Oreo biscuits into a plastic zip-lock bag and crush them into a fine powder using a rolling pin.
- Crumble the vanilla cupcakes in a bowl and add a thick layer of cake crumbs to the bottom of your jar.
- Add a layer of the Oreo cream cheese frosting.
- Add a layer of the crushed biscuit powder.
- Continue adding alternate layers of cake, frosting and biscuit till you fill up your jar.
- Using a piping bag, complete your jar with a swirl of Oreo cream cheese frosting.
- Dust some fine biscuit powder on top.
- Add some bits of Oreo biscuit for added texture.
Time to enjoy your dessert! Tell me what you think in the comments!