With Halloween just around the corner, I’m sure you’re thinking of spooky decorations, costumes and of course, desserts! If you’re not great at baking or you’re just not in the mood, No Bake desserts are a great way to still put out something delicious without using an oven.
Here’s a very simple, but delicious, chocolatey No Bake dessert that’ll have you coming back for more!
• A jar to hold this chocolatey deliciousness (the spookier the better!)
• A bar of your favourite dark/milk chocolate
• Fresh cream
• A pack of Oreos
• Melted butter
1. First, we’ll make the chocolate ganache that we will use between the bisguit layers. Melt your favourite bar of chocolate over a double boiler or in short 10 second bursts in the microwave. If you’re using a microwave, stir the chocolate every 10 seconds as it melts and do not burn.
2. Mix the melted chocolate with fresh cream and combine until smooth and velvety.
3. Split your Oreos and separate the cream centre from the biscuit.
4. Place the Oreo biscuits into a plastic zip-lock bag and crush them into a fine powder using a rolling pin.
5. Mix the biscuit powder with some melted butter in a bowl until the mixture holds its shape when you press down with a spoon
4. Start building the dessert. Add some biscuit mixture to the bottom of the jar, followed by a generous amount of the ganache. It’s entirely up to you how much biscuit or ganache you want to add. Some like it biscuit-y, while others like it chocolat-ey! Make sure the top most layer is biscuit so it looks like the floor of a graveyard.
5. Split an Oreo and add the half with the white cream on top of the pudding to act as the “gravestone”
Optional: Pipe the letters “RIP” on your gravestone using royal icing or chocolate buttercream
And there you have it! The perfect Halloween dessert!