There are many things that remind us of our childhoods. Watching cartoons in the morning is probably one of them. And at some point we’ve all come across the Cookie Monster, a nostalgic and beloved character.
Did you know that the Cookie Monster isn’t a puppet? He’s a Muppet, which was a new term cooked up by the Cookie Monster inventor that combines ”puppet” with ”marionette”.
Cookie Monster often consumes almost everything; from apples and pie to letters, flatware, hubcaps, danishes, donuts, lettuce, apples, bananas, as well as normally inedible objects. Despite that, cookies are always his number one choice. Chocolate chip cookies are his favorite kind; oatmeal cookies are his second favorite.
Things you’ll need:
• A large jar
• Chocolate chip cookies or any cookies, biscuits or candy of your choice. I used Oreos and some candy.
• A piece or rope or ribbon
• A Cookie Monster cupcake as big as the mouth of your jar. Here’s a tutorial to make your Cookie Monster cupcake without the use of any fancy equipment.
How you make your Cookie Monster jar:
Clean, wash and dry your jar. Get rid of any labels. If you’re using a plastic jar and are struggling to get rid of the sticky label, check out my tips on Jar Hacks 101.
2. Fill your jar with the cookies and/or candy.
3. Place the Cookie Monster cupcake at the mouth of the jar to act as a lid. This makes for a delicious edible lid!
4. Tie a piece of rope or ribbon around you jar and your gift jar is ready.
Know someone who would love this idea? Don’t forget to share it with them!