Most of us, regardless of our age seem to have a liking for some kind of sweet foods, whether it be cake, biscuit, halwa, jam or flavoured syrups. The evolutionary explanation for the sweet tooth revolved around that idea that we have physiologically associated a sweet taste with high-energy foods which would have helped our earliest ancestors survive better in their environment.
Sweet items also make a great gift for almost anyone. Biscuits, chocolate, candy, cake…you’re sure to fine something sweet that you’re recipient would love! And the best part, these are perfect gifts for just about any occasion from a house warming party to a baby shower favours!
Things you’ll need:
• A large jar
• Assorted sweets (can be anything from candy to chocolates to biscuits to cake pops)
• A piece or rope or ribbon
• Optional: a frosted cupcake that is as big as the mouth of your jar. You can use a store bought cupcake or bake your own
How you make your sweet tooth jar:
Clean, wash and dry your jar. Get rid of any labels. If you’re using a plastic jar and are struggling to get rid of the sticky label, check out my tips on Jar Hacks 101.
2. Fill your jar with the assorted sweets.
3. There are two ways to finish off your jar. You can use the lid to close the jar or you can place the frosted cupcake at the mouth of the jar to act as a lid. This makes for a delicious edible lid!
4. Tie a piece of rope or ribbon around you jar and your gift jar is ready.
Know someone who would love this idea? Don’t forget to share it with them!